From the article: Why Do Hindus Have So Many Gods?
What do you have to say, when a Christian kid’s website says: "Wouldn't you rather have just one God who loves you a bunch than a bunch of gods that don't love you at all?" followed by a more explicit advisory: "Jesus loves everybody, even the unsaved like Habu! Remember to pray for Habu and others like him that they may find Jesus and accept Him into their hearts!” Have your say! Share Your Thoughts
- Hindu do not have many gods as other people beleive. but there is only one GOD and in different forms. even JesusChrist, Krishna, Mohamed, Budha are ONE, but appear to each typer of people in different places of the world. there are ressemblance in their existance and the teaching are the same. only those that which has been disfigured by men's transcription and falsifying of scriptures.
- —Guest deelip
- My guess is that the Popester and his gang are probably more thtearened by Buddhism than other religions, because Buddhism in many regards is an anti-religion. It encourages meditation and introspection as a way of gaining enlightenment and discovery of spiritual truth. Even better, it doesn't have a God! So, it is so radically different that the Jewish, Islamic, Christian way of thinking. And probably pretty threatening with the number of people in the world who follow Buddhism.crusher.com
- —Guest gBwdMshLLacFUl
- affinity to krishna? i guess the aniffity depends on the GOD' he is introduced with in the beginning which forms the foundation around which his understanding of hinduism is built. ISKON calls krishna the Supreme. But in fact the supreme' is formless and nameless. In fact he is beyond mind and comprehension.
- —Guest KdCGwOUN
- Perhaps the Pope had other things on his mind at the time of his stneamtet such as his vintage, chiffon-lined Dior gold lame9 robe, beaded hat, ruby shoes and accessories from Prada, or how he could avoid having the DaVinci Code make his church look badly. Then again, maybe he had just finished making some remarks about the terrible evils of homosexuality and his mood was still dismal when he spoke about Buddhism.
- —Guest ymNPSWYQRQwwKfNch
- Daniel,I am not clear from your blog whether you are a Hindu or a Catholic who wants to cocerrt wrong impressions about Hinduism. Both are good positions, but I need to know this so that I can decide whether to add you to my page of blogs by Western Hindus. I see that you have another blog , where you appear to be writing from a Christian viewpoint. Aum Shivaya Tandava
- —Guest FiowYQlljWSXjOnCo
- , I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except thourgh me There is no other name given under heaven, whereby man must be saved All quotes are from the Bible, which is God's word and infallible, because Jesus is the word. I believe that in each person, no matter what race or religion, is the capability for great goodness, but it is up to each person to attain or to strive for that goodness in life.In study of the Bible, it has much to say of the mind and meditation. I think that you are right, that in this day and age, much of the meditation and workings of the mind has been lost because of the lack of understand the Bible or lack of proper teaching of the Bible.
- —Guest VJYAyDmXRfNAwCDi
- Hi Chris,I deeply reepsct your beliefs and have profoundly enjoyed the insight in your posts, especially the ones where you write about your journey to Hinduism.Before I write further, I would like you to excuse me for giving you more information than you need.I couldn’t help noticing that you are a follower of Sanatan Dharma. In India, it is well known that the Sanatan organization is one that spews venom on Islam, and some of its members have been involved in a blast at a theatre where there was a so-called anti-Hindu stage performance (there was nothing anti-Hindu about it though, as it only talked about a certain social evil of India. However, their organization denounced the blast. But the police still maintain that their organization had knowledge of them). Sanatan Sanstha is known for its library of anti-Islam books (I am no supporter of Islam, and dislike their worldview, but I wouldn't insult them none the less) and their hate speeches.They have managed to guise such activities under a veil of spirituality, Hindu values, charity and theology. You wouldn't know of it as it's not something they advertise in your country. If you ever have a chance to visit India with them, you probably won't notice anything outrageous, as you will in all probability have a guided tour that will mask the reality.I was born and brought up in a conservative Hindu household, and learnt about Hinduism right since birth. Their theology is indeed very convincing. However, in practice, Hinduism is no different from Christianity, Islam or the likes. The equivalents of “Sunday Schools” of Hinduism in India give similar reasoning and talk in similar derogatory ways about other religions. Hindus support the practice of the caste system, where every year, thousands of the lowest castes -the Dalits- are killed every year for reasons as trivial as entering temples. (Dalits, being the lowest Hindu castes- determined by their birth, can’t enter temples). You have to take one good look at the Ganges to see what Hindus have done to it in the name of Hinduism. The plight of women is terrible. There are just a few aspects of Hinduism.Hindu theology is historically inaccurate, and has been shown to be fallacious at the theoretical level by many an author (Amartya Sen, a Nobel laureate, calls himself a Hindu atheist, and he has written a lot on the issue). Hinduism has had many movements that came out as a rebellion against it, and two of them have even become religions themselves – Buddhism and Jainism. In fact, the nastikas were probably the world’s first atheists, and they came out of Hinduism, while still practicing Hinduism as a way of life. Amartya Sen calls himself a modern day nastik.All I’m saying is that Hinduism is a religion like any other. You’ll only notice the similarities from within. I’m sure the Hindu philosophy looks very attractive from outside.I apologize if I have offended in any way.Love and peace,Siddharth.
- —Guest taaaUrMVdxlnh
- Yeap, im sure if hindus owned the maotrijy of the media empire then we would be hearing the same stuff except it would have a hindu flavour to it.Like in the ancient chinese dynasty, the victor writes the history, but also a king stays the king if no-one actually knows who the king is. Can't assasinate him physically, spiritually or socially if you dont know who to target is. Even more so when the shady dealers present a clown that we the citizens of democracy are expected to believe is running our country (or the country your in).Remember how the romans walked into places and tried to subdue it, buuuut . it didn't work, so they tried recruiting an upper-class person from the locals and make that person the token-ruler. The people think that because a local is running things then OK we'll co-operate with the romans now , humph, not like they havea choice now. the token ruler will execute anyone who disobeys roman law .bit like to day, follow america or your a terrorist .
- —Guest oKjudcctnYhMHWoVHWw
bickering fot nothing
- Gods, higjer beings always existed. Y so many cultures thought of god as having a family just as we do, only god can answer that. But man is ever evolving, and he does go astray n loses his belief. Ther4 we have the many godmen such as christ, ram etc, to bring us back in line, and yes the road to godhead is thought according to that particular time. Do not condemn, but revel in the many ways that we can attain god. It makes the world so colourful. After all a aman born blind, dumb, and deaf, will not be able to experience god like everyone else. Who are we to tell him that he is going to hell cos he don't believe in christ, etc. If we can't live with one another on earth, how will we live in heavan. We would most likely end up like satan, etc, causing havoc. Jai shree ram
- —Guest vinesh
- A child born is free like a Hindu. The child grows up... Becomes a father. His son is Jesus to him. To the son Jesus he is God. Jesus loves God. Love your Father God. Those who hate their Father God end up being hate. Love thy Father..Be good to your Mother thy holy spirit. Heaven is your choice. Save yourself because you can
- —Guest Abhyuday Singh
- Religious views about god: Islam: "He is God, the One and Only; God, the Eternal, Absolute; He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; And there is none like unto Him." Christianity: "God is the eternal being that created and preserves the world." Hinduism: "He is the Supreme Being. The Bhagavad Gita styles Him as 'Purushottama' or Supreme Purusha or Maheswara." All religions has a same view of god as oneness and supreme power...
- —Guest BHARATH R
why so many gods i give u ans
- hey dear frns pls collect facts about hinduism we ave only one god others are just his manifestations if i dress up differently do i change but what i wana say is that imagination of god varies from person to person one thinks him to be very strong and powrful like hanuman and other thinks him to be like krishna u realize oneness only at higher stage it is just to faciliate u
- —Guest kuldeep
Born and Being "HINDU
- The Etymology of the words of ‘Hind’ and ‘Hindu’ Between 638 A.D. and 711 A.D., Constant attacks by pirates sailing from Debul (in Sindh, western India) on ships owned by some of the Arab traders prompted Hajjaj, the viceroy of the eastern provinces of the Umayyad Empire, to launch a punitive expediton against the king of Sindh. Arabs launched as many as fifteen attacks against Sindh. In last attack of 711 A.D. After two years, Mohammed Bin Qasim succeeded in defeating King Dahir. Ibn Qasim’s Arabic vocabulary which resembled the word Sindh, thus he renamed the country as ‘Hind’ meaning beauty, It also occurs intermittently in usage within India, such as in the phrase Jaiya Hind. And a famous couplet of the great poet Iqbql as; ‘Hindi’ hain hum Vatan hai Hindostan hamara We are Indians and India is our native place Later on the name Hind got modified from the Iranian equivalent of Indo-Aryan, Sindh. The Avestan -(stān) means country or land (cognate to Sanskrit sthana "place, la
- —Guest Haleem
truth or propaganda
- truth or propaganda “God does not beget and is not begotten” (Islam) as you mentioned “God sent His only begotten Son”. Let me put a simple question, 1. if God begets how any one can say that He sent the ONLY BEGOTTEN Son, He might have begotten many many sons! Why cant you call Adam as his begotten son? 2. If God begets than He must also been begotten, and He must be having a series of begotten ancestors. 3. Then the question will end on the saying “Egg first or the hen”? He is a creator and can create any thing whatever He wishes as He created Adam from dust, He created Jesus in the womb of Mary. 4. God is not not like us, “God does not beget and is not begotten” is the most appropriate concept.
- —Guest haleem
- WE NEED TO UNITE AT ALL LEVELS TO PROVE THAT WE ARE BEING TARGETED BY ANY PROPAGANDA.IT IS UNFORTUNATE TO FOLLOW PRACTICES LIKE VARNA AND CASTE WHICH DIVIDE HUMANITY,RELIGION AND ITS FOLLOWERS-ADVANTAGE POLITICIANS AND ANTI NATIONALS.IT IS KNOWN FACT THAT VEDIC RELIGION TAUGHT AND PRACTICED VARNA AND CASTE BASED ON ONES QUALITIES AND NOT BY BIRTH BUT WITH CENTURIES OF SLAVERY AND MISGUIDANCE BY A FEW ILLITERATE/SEMI LITERATE BRAHMANS LAST 2500 YEARS OF THIS GREAT VEDIC WAY OF LIFE AND ITS FOLLOWERS HAVE BEEN DIVIDED INTO SO MANY FRAGMENTS AND EACH ONE WORKING AGAINST EACH OTHER.DHARMAGURUS HAVE NO AUTHORITY AND INTEREST TO WORK FOR COHESIVENESS BECAUSE EACH ONE FEELS SUPERIOR TO OTHER.SOMEWHERE A PRITISH NANDI SPEAKS AGAINST CERTAIN SECTIONS OF HINDUS INVOLVED IN CORRUPTION BUT NO REPRESENTATION OR REBUKE BY ANY RELIGIOUS BODY OR AUTHORITY AS WE HAVE NONE LIKE POPE/DALAILAMA/SGPC/DEOBAND ETC.GIVE IT A THOUGHT AND DECIDE WHO THE REAL ENEMY OF THIS GREAT WAY OF LIFE IS ?
- —Guest MANOJKSYADAV
1-15 of 224Next