Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
- Sesame seeds or 'til'
- Jaggery / sugar syrup
2. Keep stirring continuously else it will splutter and fall out of the pan.
3. After roasting, let it cool and then pound them.
4. Heat jaggery in 1/2 cup water till the syrup is consistently thick.
5. Add roasted sesame to it and stir well to make an even paste.
6. Grease a board and spread the sesame-jaggery mixture.
7. Roll flat to 1 cm thickness.
8. When sufficiently cool and hardened cut into squares or in any other shape.
9. Serve when cool and hard.
10. Store in a container lined with butter paper.