Life & Culture
By Subhamoy Das, About.com Guide
From birth to death, the Hindu way of life is bound by a series of rites of passage - the most important being the colorful wedding ceremony.
- Hindu Rites: Birth, Infancy, Childhood, Pregnancy
- Choosing a Hindu Name for Your Baby
- The Hindu Marriage Ceremony
- The 13 Steps of a Hindu Wedding
- Death & Funeral Rites
- The 7 Blessings of a Hindu Wedding
- The 8 types of Hindu marriages
- Top Indian Matrimonial Websites
Temples & Holy Places
The average Hindu may not visit the temple daily or go on a pilgrimage every so often. However, temples and shrines play a vital role in Hindu society and culture.
- Baba Baidyanath Temple, Deoghar
- Meenakshi Temple, Madurai
- Holy Places in India
- Addresses of Hindu Temples Worldwide
Art, Music, Movies & Dance
The rich culture of India - its art, music, dance and dramatics are all highly influenced by its deep religious heritage. Here's a sampler.
Books & Literature
Numerous volumes have been written about Hinduism. Here're some book reviews and book extracts to help you choose some of the best books on the topic.