Beliefs & Practices
By Subhamoy Das
Before you explore the various characteristics of this religion, get the answers to some of your basic questions.
- What are the Basic Beliefs of Hinduism?
- What are the Main Hindu Scriptures?
- What are the Major Hindu Gods and Goddesses?
- How To Be an Ideal Hindu
The Hindu Deities
Hinduism is known for a multitude of gods and goddesses. Here's an introduction to the prominent figures of the Hindu pantheon.
The Gurus & Saints
The word 'guru' is of Hindu origin. Here're the profiles of some well-known Hindu sages and saints of the past and contemporary gurus.
- Sai Baba of Shirdi
- Sri Aurobindo
- The Gurus of Sergeant Pepper
- Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- Amma: The Hugging Saint Mother
The Sacred Texts
The beliefs that form the foundation of Hinduism are based on some of the oldest texts known to humankind. Read about the major Hindu scriptures.
- The Vedas: World’s Oldest Spiritual Teachings
- All About the Upanishads (Vedanta)
- The Itihasas or Histories: Ancient Hindu Scriptures
- Bhagavad-Gita Online
- Bhagavad Gita For Busy People
- Learn a Verse from the Bhagavad Gita
- The Mahabharata: Summary
- The Ramayana: Summary
Tenets & Concepts
Here we discuss some of the basic tenets and concepts of Hinduism.