1. Religion & Spirituality

Ramnavami - the birthday of Lord Rama, one of the most important festivals of the Hindus, particularly the Vaishnava sect, falls on the 9th day of the bright fortnight of the month of Chaitra (Tuesday, April 8, 2014).

On this auspicious day, devotees repeat the name of Rama with every breath and vow to lead a righteous life. Some observe a strict fast on the day. Temples are decorated and the image of Lord Rama is richly adorned. The holy Ramayana is read in the temples. At Ayodhya, the birthplace of Sri Rama, a big fair is held on this day.

Ramnavami Resources

Comments
April 12, 2011 at 4:44 am
(1) Muhammad Ali says:

Is there any CD or DVD that may provide the exact pronunciation of the names of Rama or Hindu manatras? If so, can you provide it to me, please.

September 11, 2012 at 1:12 pm
(2) ajinkya says:

a for apple and b for then

April 22, 2013 at 8:02 am
(3) anu says:

:-) silly girl

April 8, 2014 at 4:24 am
(4) arkay says:

Please be sensitive in your comments when it comes to religion.Every one has equal right to understand about other religion too.

April 8, 2014 at 2:29 pm
(5) Doonwati Singh says:

Ajinkya you’re really silly according to Anu or you really don’t know any better. Knowledge is so precious and valuable; you should be happy to know that someone is interested to learn more about the Hindu religion. As far as I can tell it’s seems as though you don’t even know what you’re saying in your comment. Please if you don’t have anything good and sensible to say just keep your big mouth shut! I’m very happy when anyone ask me about my religion because I know that they want to educate themselves and I’m only happy to teach what little I know. If I don’t know the answer of what was ask, I would let them know where they can go to get the information they need, as simple as that. I would never laugh at them because it shows how sensible you are, if you have the sense to know exactly what I mean. Jai Jai Ram!

April 8, 2014 at 3:53 pm
(6) Doonwati Singh says:

Ajinkya I forgot to mention that the Lord is always watching us and he knows our thoughts before our actions. If you think that you’re fooling God think again; you’re only fooling yourself. God knows just how good a heart you have.
God will surely bless Mr. Muhammad Ali for wanting to learn about “him” so you must not judge Mr. Ali by his name or anyone else for that matter because we are all God’s children. God made us all whether we are black, white or blue. Learn to appreciate “everyone and everything” on this blessed earth and you should say praise the Lord that you’re here; I usually say it!.
There are people of many different races in the temple I attend and everyone respect each other; none of us look at the other and discriminate. In the temple there Black Africans and white people, not only Indians and I feel very happy to see them sitting next to me and singing bhajans. So Ajinkya, before you open your big mouth think well because spoken words definitely cannot be taken back.
Jai Jai Ram.