1. Religion & Spirituality

On the eve of the New Year, get ready to set yourself some goals for the benefit of your own self and the world around you. I have some suggestions that can help you hitch on to some healthy habits and spiritual refinements.

Get wise, keep fit and have the faith! Remember, you have nothing to lose. Here are a few Self-improvement Resolutions you can make for the new year:

Be Wise

• Be a better person in body, mind and intellect
  • Attain peace of mind, and equanimity
  • Kill pride, ego and arrogance and jealousy
  • Start reading the scriptures

Stay Healthy

• Begin a breathing exercise
  • Reap the benefits of yoga
  • Make meditate part of your daily routine
  • Become a vegetarian
  • Discover the powers of Ayurveda

Live Spiritual

• Pray everyday of the year
  • Learn about other faiths
  • Set up a 'puja' room of your own
  • Go on a pilgrimage, or visit a temple

Read Full Article and post your comments below.

Comments
January 4, 2011 at 3:36 am
(1) nallayan says:

Practical and realistic resolutions. At least 70% can be realized without very much sacrifice. With a little sacrifice more can be attained. God Bless.

January 4, 2011 at 6:58 am
(2) Pakirareddy says:

The mission of this rare human birth is is given to prepare ourselves in this short journey of this physical body to prepae our selves not to born or die again on this earth, to go where we all came from ie: GOING BACK HOME!
The 12 ways to achieve our mission of life should be our motive for this year 2011.
Let us hope and pray that we all get our goal without any trace of ego by thought, word or deed.

January 4, 2011 at 10:11 am
(3) bhasker misra says:

ur suggestions are good for new year.We need to read our scriptures and let everyone realise their importance

January 24, 2011 at 12:02 am
(4) Muhammad Ali says:

For the solution of your spiritual problem/diseases, please, contact Muhammad Ali, at Mobile No.03022380749

Regards,

Muhammad Ali,
Mobile No.03022380749

January 3, 2012 at 6:08 am
(5) agumbebhat says:

you set the goal for a man but telling how to earn money and matters in life. how to live on this earth without money. breathing is required for living and money required for living. so please mention how to earn money honestly and live happily .

January 3, 2012 at 10:00 am
(6) Krishna says:

“Kill” pride? Sounds rather violent to me. In an article promoting ‘Get wise, stay healthy, live spiritually’, I feel the Muppets song “which of these things don’t belong” certainly comes to mind…..for me.

Namaste

January 1, 2013 at 8:52 am
(7) jayakumar says:

Thank you for suggestion i take meditation and pranayamam for this year thank you
jayakumar 919444455320

May 25, 2013 at 7:58 am
(8) e-vęske med nikotin says:

Hey would you mind sharing which blog platform you’re working with? I’m
going to start my own blog soon but I’m having a difficult time deciding between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design and style seems different then most blogs and I’m
looking for something completely unique. P.
S Apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!

June 17, 2013 at 2:10 am
(9) e-cigaretter says:

Hey there just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let
you know a few of the pictures aren’t loading correctly. I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
I’ve tried it in two different web browsers and both show the same outcome.