1. Religion & Spirituality

A yoga master made a startling statement: that Abraham Lincoln had been a Himalayan yogi in a past life. Lincoln delivered a proclamation establishing Thanksgiving as an American holiday in 1863. Research sheds light on a possible Hindu origin for the American celebration of Thanksgiving.

"The holiday of Thanksgiving has a Hindu origin," says Richard Salva, author of a book on the reincarnation of Abraham Lincoln entitled 'Soul Journey: From Lincoln to Lindbergh' which is based on a statement by the great master of yoga, Paramhamsa Yogananda, who declared that Abraham Lincoln had been a Himalayan yogi in a past life.

"During my search for signs of a past-life yoga practice," Salva said, "I noticed that President Lincoln repeatedly chose Thursdays - the holiest day in the week for Hindus - as national days of prayer, fasting, and thanksgiving.

Read Full Article

Comments
November 26, 2009 at 8:11 am
(1) Swami Sadashiva Tirtha says:

Interesting

November 24, 2011 at 9:31 pm
(2) Nina says:

Thanksgiving is for the MURDES and CONQUEST OF THE AMERICAS, a very evil day

November 27, 2011 at 1:59 am
(3) small cars says:

Many thanks for taking this chance to speak about this, Personally i think strongly regarding it and I make use of learning about this subject. When possible, as you gain data, please update this website with new information. Ií»ve found it extremely useful.

November 29, 2012 at 4:51 am
(4) Rama Rao K says:

Sounds pretty absurd. Ancient Hindus never had seven day weeks which is obviously an import from the Greek/Roman calendar systems. Ancient Hindus had thithis based on the Lunar calendar. After the arrrival of British, a uniform system of weeks/days begun in India.
Somewhere, down this period, these weekdays like Thursday began to be associated with Guru ( Guru Raghavendra in Karnataka). Tuesday is considered inauspicious. Friday is also called Lakshmi Vara and Goddess Lakshmi is worshipped.
By the way, was Hitler Genghis Khan in his previous birth?

November 27, 2013 at 12:11 pm
(5) Ashofzn says:

Paramahansa Yogananda was a luminary who cannot be taken lightly, read His Autobiography OF A Yogi..

December 3, 2013 at 7:23 am
(6) ray hiera says:

Great Article. Very Interesting

December 10, 2013 at 9:17 am
(7) dewalt vacuum says:

I’m not sure where you’re getting your information, but great topic.
I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more.
Thanks for wonderful info I was looking for this info for my mission.

December 11, 2013 at 4:31 pm
(8) Brandy says:

I don’t leave a response, however I looked at through a few remarks on this page Why
Thanksgiving is a Thursday. I do have a couple of questions for you
if it’s allright. Is it only me or do a few of these comments appear like they are written
by brain dead people? :-P And, if you are posting
on additional online sites, I’d like to keep up with everything fresh you have to post.
Could you list of all of your social sites like your
twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?