Mahatma Gandhi (1869 - 1948) was undoubtedly one of the greatest Hindus of all times. Every year on October 2nd, the world observes his birthday as the International Day of Non-Violence honoring his ideals of peace, non-violence and vegetarianism.
Called India's "Father of the Nation," Gandhi spearheaded the country's Freedom Movement for Independence from British Rule, and is known for his famous words of wisdom on God, life and religion.
- Gandhi's Concept of Hinduism
- Gandhi on God: Top 10 Quotations
- The Meaning of God - A Poem by Gandhi
- Gandhi (DVD): Winner of 9 Academy Awards
- The Gita According to Gandhi
Image © US Postal Department