If you are a Non-Resident Indian (NRI) or Person of Indian Origin (PIO) living outside of India, this is for you.
According to the Indian government, the population of overseas Indians were 21,90,9875 as on May 2012. The Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs (MOIA) of the Government of India has initiated various schemes for the welfare of Overseas Hindus and Indians living outside the country.
Here are 10 such schemes that India has recently launched for NRIs and PIOs:
- Indian Community Welfare Fund (ICWF)
- Mahatma Gandhi Pravasi Suraksha Yojana (MGPSY)
- Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojana (PBBY)
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card Scheme
- Know India Programme (KIP)
- Study India Programme (SIP)
- Scholarship Programme For Diaspora Children (SPDC)
- Overseas Indian Youth Club (OIYC)
- Tracing the Roots
- Scheme for Legal/Financial Assistance to Indian Women Deserted / Divorced By Their NRI Husbands